11.18.2008

Joan Miró and Van Gogh at the MOMA

Sunday, Cait & I headed to the MOMA to see some of the new exhibits.{Starry Night Over the Rhone}
I was more impressed with Joan Miró: Painting and Anti-Painting 1927–1937. It is showing until January 12, 2009. I have been to both the Miró Museum in Barcelona and the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, and it was refreshing to admire both of these collections and say hello to some paintings I haven't seen in awhile.

Van Gogh and the Colors of the Night will be up through January 5, 2009. I loved seeing Starry Night over the Rhone. The colors were fabulous just as the title of the exhibit notes! It was hard for him to see his canvas in the dark (you'd never know). My favorite part was seeing his handwritten letters and (sketches within the letters) to his siblings about the works that were in progress.

No comments: