9.02.2009

A Vogue Idea

September 1st, and I found myself at the movie theater last night viewing The September Issue. The most surprising and worthwhile parts are with Grace Coddington. I will never look at a Vogue magazine the same way. Her artistic/stylish eye creates most of the beautiful spreads and ideas that come out of that publication! I can recall some from the past (that I have saved) that I KNOW she art directed after watching this film! The statements alone had me thinking. I can't wait to get this on DVD and pause+play> through the whole thing to get Grace's wonderful quotes onto paper!

I couldn't help but think of this quote as I walked out of the theater...

"When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more."
- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City, 2001

2 comments:

Caitlin McGauley said...

love!!!!

Jennifer said...

Ahh, bummed I had to miss it last night but now I am inspired to go see it still. And love the ill you did in response to it. Way to break out the paints two weeks in a row!