12.21.2007

Scoping out the Bag Scene

So last weekend I was reading about bags in the NY Times and how department stores have taken into account the advertising they add during the holiday season. Trust me they do! I was the first to notice Lord & Taylor's beautiful watercolored green swoosh-tree months ago (Christmas now comes in October) and for a minute I definitely coveted one. It wasn't until after reading this article and seeing the Barneys' Holiday Bag on the subway yesterday that I decided how much I am influenced by 'pretty' bags. I need one. I need the two-toned green, beautifully illustrated Barneys bag. And so I sat, watching the lady with the pretty bag, deciding what I was going to buy at the store so I can get the bag!{picture from NY Times}{picture from Barneys}

No comments: